Privacy Policy

CaringStay Privacy Statement

We collect personal information from you, our guest:

  • your name and contact details including your home address
  • the contact details of a GP and a person you know personally
  • any significant interactions with us (eg date of arrival)
  • any notable changes to your health we have noticed or you have told us (eg not sleeping; taking medication)

We collect this personal information so that we have the details of someone available in case of a problem; and to send any health update information to your GP.

Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter a Doctor’s details, we’ll not be able to update the medical records. If you decide not to give your home address a Host might not accept your request to stay.

We keep your information safe by storing it in secure facilities and only sharing it with your GP with your agreement.

We keep your information for two years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing it.

You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at

In addition, the PA and HIPC requires:

  • Personal and Health information to be used and disclosed in accordance with the purpose for collection or where authorised by the individual.
  • Reasonable steps to be taken to safeguard the information.
  • That personal or health information held by the agency must be disclosed to the individual it is about on request.  The timeframes and other requirements an agency must meet following a request from an individual for access to their own personal or health information are set out in Part Four of the PA 2020.

Charges, Cancellations, Refunds and Booking Modifications

Charges, Cancellations and Refunds. When you make a reservation as a guest, the amount refunded to you in the event of cancellation will depend on the Cancellation Policy that applies to that particular reservation. Generally, if you cancel at least 2 days before the reserved time, you will receive a full refund, less 2.5% total bank card/credit card charge.

The accommodation fees include a 2.5% local credit card charge. International Credit Card Charges are an additional 2.5%, making a total of 5%. Customers might be billed separately for this. For example, an Australian-based credit-card holder making a booking for his  NZ mother will be billed an extra 2.5% on top of the listed accommodation charge. Refunds do not include credit card charges.

We understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise, and we strive to be fair in such situations. If your plans change due to issues beyond your control and you need to cancel your reservation, we invite you and your host to discuss the circumstances with our Customer Care team at CaringStay. Our team will evaluate the situation and make a decision regarding the amount of the refund.

At CaringStay, we value our guests and are committed to providing a seamless and hassle-free experience. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team for assistance.

Booking Modifications. Guests and Hosts are responsible for any booking modifications they agree to make via the CaringStay Platform or direct CaringStay customer service to make on their behalf, and agree to pay any additional amounts associated with any Booking Modification

Your Responsibilities and Assumption of Risk

Your Responsibilities. As a user of our Host Accommodation and Services, you are responsible for your own actions and those of anyone you invite or grant access to any Accommodation or  Host Service. This includes leaving the Accommodation and any related personal property in the same condition as when you arrived, paying for any reasonable Damage Claim amounts resulting from damages caused by you or your guests and acting with integrity, showing respect towards others, and adhering to all applicable laws at all times.

We take our Host Services seriously and expect our users to do the same. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your responsibilities while using our services, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.

We understand that some activities carry risks, and as a Guest of CaringStay you acknowledge and agree that you assume the entire risk arising from your stay with us.  As well as your stay at any Accommodation,  we include use of any Host Service, or any other interaction you have with other members, whether in person or online.

Please note that this does not affect any rights you may have under applicable law, and we take our users’ safety and security seriously. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the safety of a Host Service or CaringStay, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team